Sunday, May 18, 2008

Screwy Stewy-- Alone in the bleachers

My colleague and friend Matt had the following to say about the Flyers this season. I think it's a pretty accurate assessment of the woes of certain Flyers fans. I feel his pain and keep him company.


"The Philadelphia Flyers' season has come to an end. It lasted 17 games longer than most expected, and has shown us that we have a great future to look forward to. But I'm disappointed. Why am I disappointed? Is it because we had a 10 game losing streak? No. Is it because we squeaked into the playoffs? No. Is it because we needed 7 games to beat Washington? No. Is it because we were beat in 5 games by Sid the Little Kid and Stolen Russian? Nope, not that either. I'm disappointed because through each of these heartbreaking times, I found myself in a sea of orange and black bleeding alone. Others barking "They suck!" "Typical Flyers!" and "Its over" all around me while I leave the TV on until the final whistle despite others asking me to change the channel and accept it. Flyers fans, how can you demand your team go out there and play themselves dead, how can you demand they sacrifice themselves and their pride, when you don't even have the pride to sit by them and watch. Grow some balls, Flyers fans, I'm tired of being alone in the bleachers."

No comments: